Mashed Potatoes is a simple and tasty Thanksgiving dish. We can give variation by adding different seasoning such as garlic, cheese, sour cream, spring onion or by adding different herbs such as parsley, rosemary, wasabi..
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
Spice Level – 1
No of Servings – 2
Method of Preparation:
- Potatoes – 4
- Half and half – 1/3 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Pepper – 1/4 tsp (freshly ground)
- We can pressure cook the potatoes for 2 whistles or we can peel the skin and cut the potatoes and boil by covering them until they become soft.
- If boiled in water drain the excess water completely.
- Warm the butter and half and half.
- Mash the potatoes without any lumps and mix them with the half and half.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Delicious mashed potatoes is ready.
- This is the basic mashed potatoes recipe. We can add some cheese or any herbs or garlic.
- We can use milk or heavy cream instead of half and half.
- Potatoes are best to mashed before adding the butter.