I was not very fond of Beetroot for a long time. But when I was in India recently, my mother-in-law made this easy and yummy Beetroot curry and after that I got hooked on to it. It’s very easy to make and healthy too. It goes well with white rice and chapathi. Just mix it with white rice, voila! you have Beetroot rice ready for lunch with some crisp papad or potato curry.
- Beetroot : 2 cups (grated)
- Onion : 1 (finely chopped)
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Green chilies : 4-5 (according to your spice level)
- Mustard seeds : 2 tsp
- Urad dal : 2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 4-5
- Shredded coconut : 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard seeds and urad dal after it sputters add onion.
- Fry them till it becomes translucent and add green chilies and curry leaves.
- Fry them all together for 3-4 minutes and finally add beetroot.
- Add a 1/4 cup of water and close the lid.
- Cook till beetroot becomes soft and fully cooked.
- Finally add coconut and mix it all together.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapathi or rice.