When we think of Korma, we generally make with green chillies or Red chilly powder. For this Korma, we use Red Chillies for the spice. I got this Korma Recipe from my friends mom and this Korma will be very good with Chapati.
Time of Preparation : 45 minutes
No of Servings : 3 to 4
Spice level : 4 out of 5
- Cauliflower florets – 1 1/2 cups
- Onions – 1 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Bay leaves – 2
- Coconut milk – 1 cup (adjust according to the thickness)
- Green peas (I have used frozen)- 1/2 cup (optional)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Masala to Grind:
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Clove – 1
- Red chillies – 6
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Khus Khus – 1 tsp
- Onions – 1/4 cup
- Green chilly – 1
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Ginger – 1 tsp (chopped)
- Coconut – 3 tbsp (grated)
- Split Dhalia – 1 tsp
- Broken Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp (soaked in water)
- Oil – 2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Boil the cauliflower florets in a microwave or on a gas until they are 75% cooked.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and rfry cinnamon stick, clove, red chillies, coriander seeds, khus khus and 1/4 cup of onions.
- Fry till they become translucent and the green chilly, ginger, garlic and grated coconut.
- Fry for 2 minutes and let them cool.
- Grind them along with split dhalia and soaked cashew nuts.
- Make them to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the bay leaves followed by the chopped onions.
- Add some salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the ground masala and fry for around 5 to 7 minutes in medium flame (till the raw smell goes)
- Add little water if needed.
- Now add the cauliflower and peas and add required amount of water.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Finally add the coconut milk and cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Chapati.