Spicy Green Chilli Chutney
This year I have got so much of Green Chillies from my garden. I was wondering what to do with so much of green chillies. One of my friend from Andra suggested this Green Chilli Chutney. Her mom gave this recipe and my husband loved it .
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
Yield : Around 2 1/2 cups
Spice level : 5 out of 5 (extra spicy)
- Green Chillies – 500g
- Tamarind – big lemon size
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 1/3 cup (optional)
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Sesame oil – to taste (optional)
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Split Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in pan and fry the green chillies in medium flame.
- Take tamarind extract (thick extract of 2 cups) and add to the pan.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and cook until the water gets evaporated.
- Let it cool and add some salt and grind it to a coarse paste.
- If we want to add coconut, dry roast them in a frying pan and grind everything together.
- Season it with mustard seeds, curry leaves and urad dal.
- Serve hot with rice or Idly / Dosa.
- Add sesame oil oil or ghee before serving.
- This Chutney is really really hot. I liked it without adding coconut.
- Without adding coconut we can atleast store it for a week.