Keerai Masiyal (Version 2) / Spinach Masiyal
If you are bored of cooking greens with dal, this recipe is an easy one without adding dal. My mom used to make Keerai Kadayal with Mulai Keerai by adding just chillies and garlic. For Spinach Masiyal, adding onions and tomatoes gives more taste. I got this recipe from my cousin and she said this recipe will be good for Arai Keerai and Siru Keerai too :).
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
No of Servings:2
Spice level : 4 out of 5
- Onions – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1/3 cup (chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (adjust according to spice level)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Spinach – 2 cups (tightly packed)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Time of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onions and fry till they become soft.
- Add little salt and add the green chillies, garlic and tomatoes.
- Fry till they become soft and add the spinach.
- Sautee them till they shrink completely and let it cool.
- Grind them to a slightly smooth paste without adding water.
- Serve hot with rice.