This is one of the easiest dinner or breakfast recipe. I would usually used to make this when I am out of any recipes or want to make something very quick. This is a very handy recipes to have with us. It is similiar to upma. I still remember the first time I made kichadi in my hostel room it came out like a gummy paste but my roommates were just nice to me and ate it all.
I am entering this recipe to the Meeta’s Monthly Mingle – One-Dish Dinners this month. This is my first entry in any such event and hope to get some exposure with this.
Thanks to Pooja letting me know about this event.
- Rava (Semolina) : 1 cup
- Onion : 1 (Medium)
- Oil : 1tbsp
- water : 2 cup
- Ghee : 1/2 tbsp (optional)
- Curry leaves : 4 to 5
- Ginger : 2 tsp (finely chopped)
- garlic : 3 (whole)
- Green chili : 4
- Vegetables : 1 cup (carrot, beans, green peas)
- Salt : required for taste
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- urad dal : 1tsp
Method Of preparation:
- Roast the rava in a dry pan till it becomes light golden color and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add seasonings after it sputter add ginger and garlic fry them for few seconds .
- Now add the onions, curry leaves, green chilies and fry them for a while or till the onions become golden color.
- Now add the vegetables and fry them for 3 minutes or till it becomes tender.
- After that add 2 cups of water, little turmeric powder , salt mix it well and allow it to boil .
- When it boils add the rava slowly and keep stirring to avoid forming lumps. This should be done in low flame.
- Cook till it done and all the water is absorbed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with any chutney.