This is one of the easiest mango pickle recipes from my mom. I love mangoes and especially mango pickles. It goes well with curd (yogurt) rice and sambar (lentil) rice.
Preparation Time : 20 minutes
Spice Level : 3 out of 5
No of Servings: 8-10
- Raw Mango : 1
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal : 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 5-6
- Asafoetida : a pinch
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
Method Of Preparation:
- Chop the mango into cube like small pieces.
- In a wide bowl add red chili powder, salt and cut raw mango. Shake it well so it will mix together evenly.
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Once the seeds sputter remove from heat and add it to mango mixture.
- Mix it all together gently and store it in an air tight container. Keep it in refrigerator.
- You can use it up to 2-3 months.