Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts are leafy vegetables look like miniature cabbages. They have high nutritional value and they are believed to have anticancer properties. I like them to be cooked lightly and they are really tasty when we roast them. Here is the recipe for the simple Brussels Sprouts roast…
Time of Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 40 minutes
No of Servings : 2 to 3
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Brussels Sprouts – 1 pound
- Red Onion – 1/2 (thinly sliced)
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp (freshly ground) (adjust according to taste)
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the stems of the brussels sprouts and remove any outer yellow leaves.
- Cut them to 4 and keep them aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they splutter add the thinly sliced onions and fry for just a minute.
- Now add the brussels sprouts, salt and the ground black pepper and mix well.
- Transfer them to a oven safe vessel and mix the remaining oil and cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn them every 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove them when they are nicely roasted.
- The outer side will be crispy and inside will be soft.
- Serve hot with sambar rice or rasam rice.
- If we want, we can just fry the sprouts in the pan.
- If we want we can roast the onions and sprouts for different time separately and mix them at the end.