My husband is a huge fan of Soy chunks. I had never tried any recipe with soy chunks until recently since I do not like them :). I tried this Soy Chunks fry for the first time and my husband liked it a lot.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
No of Servings : 2
Spice level : 4
- Soy Chunks – 1 cup
- Onion – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Garlic – 2 tsp (grated)
- Ginger – 2 tsp (grated)
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp (according to spice level)
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Mutton masala powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Put the Soy chunks in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds.
- Then add the green chillies followed by the chopped onions and fry till they become translucent.
- Now add the grated ginger and garlic and fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- When the tomatoes become soft add the sambar powder, mutton masala powder and garam masala.
- Now remove all the water from the soy chunks and add them to the mixture.
- Add little water and cover them and cook for 5 minutes.
- Now remove the lid and fry until dry.
- Serve with hot sambar rice.