Spicy Macaroni Recipe
This recipe is from my sister’s (Suja’s) kitchen. She made this spicy macroni for her 4 years old son.
It’s no secret kids love Macaroni & Cheese like it’s the next best thing to chocolate. But, how do we get them to eat veggies. My sis tricks my nephew by adding a lot of vegetables and spicing up the Macaroni and creating this tasty dish.
Spicy Macaroni is very easy to make and it can be made for dinner or even as an evening snack.
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Onion : 1
- Tomato : 1
- Green chilies : 3-4 (according to your spice level)
- Garlic : 3 (chopped)
- Ginger : 1tsp (chopped)
- Garam masala : 1 tbsp
- Maggi masala Powder : 1 tbsp(optional)
- salt : required to taste
- Vegetables: 1 cup(I’ve added bell pepper, green peas and carrots)
- Macroni : 1 cup
Method of Preparation :
- Boil the vegetables in a separate pan drain them and keep them aside.
- Boil the Macaroni with a tbsp of oil. Wash it in cold water and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions fry them till it becomes translucent.
- After that add green chilies,chopped garlic and ginger mix it all well cook them for 2-3 mins.
- Then add salt and tomatoes, cook them till tomatoes get mashed.
- Add a tbsp of garam masala fry them till the raw smell goes off.
- And if you have maggi masala powder you can substitute it instead of garam masala, it tastesreally good.
- Now add the boiled vegetbles and macroni mix it all together gently without breaking the macroni and let it stand on the simmer heat for 4-5 minutes.
- After that remove from heat and serve it hot.
Hope you and your kids enjoy this recipe. Let me know in the comments if you tried this recipe and even gave it your own little twist.