Sprouted Moong Salad
Sprouts are always healthy and even tasty when it’s done right. It contains proteins and vitamins. I love sprouts and make it atleast once in two weeks. It’s very easy to make and you can serve it as a lunch or even a snack. It can make a healthy alternative to any oily snacks.
Also if you are dieting you should definitely consider this for one of your meals. It’s a very refreshing and healthy salad.
Preparation Time for salad: 30 mins
No of servings : 2-3
Spice level : 1 out of 5
- Moong sprouts : 2 cups
- Onion : 1(medium)
- Tomato : 1/2
- Carrot : 1 cup (shredded)
- Curry Leaves : 4-5
- Lime juice : 1 tbsp
- Whole red chilies : 2-3
For Seasonings :
- Oil : 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Urad dal : 1 tsp
Method Of Preparation:
How to make Moong sprouts :
- Wash moong dal and soak them in water overnight.
- After that wash it again, drain them and put it in a muslin cloth and tie them or in a closed container and keep it separate for a day.
- Sprinkle water once in 6 hours to keep the cloth damp.
- You will start seeing the sprouts in 10 hours.
- Leave it few more hrs,damping the cloth or sprinkle some water if you (use the container)in between for longer sprouts.
Sprouted Moong Salad:
- Microwave the sprouted moong with a cup of water for 4-5 minutes.
- Then drain the water and keep the sprouts separate.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a pan add mustard seeds, urad dal and whole red chilies (optional).
- And add the chopped onion and fry them for few minutes and add the tomatoes and curry leaves. Cook for about 2- 3 minutes.
- Then add the sprouted moong with little salt, mix it all together and finally add the shredded carrots.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and add lime juice when you serve.