This vegetarian gravy for thanksgiving is very easy to make and it goes well with the mashed potatoes. Usually they add nutritional yeast for the vegetarian gravy recipe. But I did not add that. Still it tasted good.
Time of Preparation : 15 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 2
Method of Preparation:
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Chopped Onion – 1/4 cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves (finely chopped)
- All purpose flour – 1/3 cup
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Black pepper – 1/2 tsp (crushed) (according to spice level)
- Dried sage – 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and garlic and fry them until translucent.
- Add the flour and soy sauce to form a smooth paste.
- Add some water, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Boil it till it becomes thick and serve with the mashed potatoes.