I usually make bhajji when it comes to deep fried snack. I like bondas and that too aloo bonda a lot. I love aloo bonda with coconut chutney. Finally I made it and it was very tasty
Preparation time: 30 minutes
No of Servings: 2 to 3
Spice level: 3
- Potato – 1 (large size)
- Onion – 1/2 (small size)(finely chopped)
- Green Chilly – 1(chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp (according to spice level)
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Gram flour – 1/3 cup
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying
Method of Preparation:
- Boil the Potato and smash it.
- Mix onion, green chilly, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, coriander powder, tumeric powder, coriander and salt
- Make smooth round shaped balls.
- Now for the batter, add gram flour, rice flour, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, little salt and water.
- The batter should be of medium thickness consistency so that it can be coated over the potato balls.
- Heat oil in a pan in the medium flame.
- Dip the potato balls and fry them till they become golden brown.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup.