Diwali Savory Spicy Boondi ( Kara Boondi )
Spicy Boondi is another simple savory which we make for Diwali. In India we generally make so many sweets and savories and we will give to all our friends and relatives. For this Diwali I am trying to do the same here and we are happy to share them through Spicy Tasty.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
- Chickpea flour / Besan flour – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Broken Cashews – 3 tbsp
- Curry leaves – a few
Method of Preparation:
- Mix besan flour, red chilli powder, salt and water little by little so that there are no lumps.
- The mixture should be little thinner than the dosa batter consistency.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a wide vessel.
- Pour the batter over a perforated ladle (ladle with small holes) or boondi laddle and rub it with another ladle.
- They will drop inside in small round shape boondi.
- Fry till they become golden color and drain them using another perforated ladle.
- Fry the cashew nuts and peanuts and roast the curry leaves.
- Mix them with the boondi.
- Let it cool and store them in an airtight container.
- To make really Spicy Boondi, sprinkle red chilli powder and salt after the boondi mixture is ready instead of adding it in the batter.
- Mix well by shaking inside the airtight container.