My husband is a huge fan of Egg Dosa. Whenever I make Dosa, he prefers Mutta Dosa. It is very simple to make and it will be good with any spicy chutney.
Time of Preparation : 10 minutes
Spice level : 1 out of 5
- Dosa Batter – 2 cups
- Eggs – 1 egg to mix with batter + 1 egg for each dosa
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Pepper – as required (I have used freshly ground pepper)
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1/2 tsp for each dosa
Method of Preparation:
- Beat an egg and mix it with 2 cups of dosa batter.
- Beat eggs as required and keep it aside.
- Heat electric griddle or dosa pan in medium heat and make crepes of around 6″ diameter.
- Add the beaten egg (1 egg) and sprinkle some chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle some crushed black pepper and salt.
- Add around 1/2 tsp of oil.
- When the egg is almost done turn the other side.
- Leave it for a minute and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with any spicy chutney.
- If I am little bored or lazy, I will just make dosa with adding egg to the batter and follow the same procedure.
- In that case we can even just break the egg before adding and spread it with a spoon.