I like to try different kinds of chutney for Dosa and Idly. In this version of Onion Tomato Chutney I have added little ginger to the onion and tomato. This Onion Tomato Chutney will taste like hotel chutney and will be good especially with Dosa.
Time of Preparation : 15 minutes
No of Servings : 2
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Onions (preferably red onions) – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomatoes – 3/4 cup (chopped)
- Red chillies – 3 to 4
- Ginger – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Split urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and add red chillies followed by the onions.
- Add some salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Add the chopped ginger followed by the tomatoes.
- Fry till they become soft and remove from the heat.
- Let it cool and grind it to a slightly coarse paste.
- Season it with mustard seeds followed by the split urad dal and curry leaves.