Pudhina Adai / Mint and Lentil Crepe
Adai is a healthy recipe which is very tasty. We can give a twist to the adai by adding mint and coriander which makes the adai more tastier. My cousin shared this recipe to me and I like this adai better than regular adai.
Time of Preparation : 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours
Spice level : 3
- Par boiled Rice – 1 cup
- Toor dhal – 1/2 cup
- Channa dhal – 1/2 cup
- Moong dhal – 1 tbsp
- Raw rice – 1 tbsp
- Urad dhal – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies (chopped) – 8 to 10 (according to spice level)
- Ginger – 1″ (chopped)
- Mint leaves – 100g (chopped)
- Coriander leaves – 100g (chopped)
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Onions (finely chopped) – 1/3 cup
- Asafoetida – a pinch
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the boiled rice in water for atleast 5 hours.
- Soak all the dhals and raw rice together atleast for 2 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the rice in the grinder. When the rice is 80% done, add the dhals followed by mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and ginger.
- The batter should be little thinner than regular adai batter consistency.
- Season the cumin seeds and asafoetida and add them to the batter along with the onions.
- Make them like how we make dosa and enjoy with podi or any chutney.