Tomato Korma / Thakkali Kuruma
Recently I have made so many side dishes for Idly / Dosa. This is also one such easy Breakfast Korma. This Tomato Korma is very simple to make and will taste good with Idly, Dosa or even Chapati.
Time of Preparation : 25 minutes
No of Servings : 2
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 3 (slit lengthwise)
- Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Garlic – 3 (crushed)
- Tomatoes (medium size) – 3 (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Red chillies – 3
- Cinnamon stick – 1/2″
- Clove – 1
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Coconut – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan and fry the red chillies followed by the cinnamon stick, clove, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, poppy seeds and coconut.
- Let them cool and grind them to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds followed by the green chillies and the garlic and the chopped onions.
- Add some salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes and turmeric powder and fry until they become soft.
- Now add the ground paste and some water and boil it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with Idly, Dosa or Chapati.