My friend Shriya introduced me to Blueberry Scones when I was not a big fan of Blueberry. From then I became a huge fan of scones and blueberries. I adapted this wonderful recipe from Food Network and made a few changes to it. It is so simple to make yet an yummy snack. I felt that there was less sweet in the scones and I made this Vanilla Glaze to increase the sweetness. Here you go…
Preparation time: 35 minutes
Spice level: 0
No. of servings: 8
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Confectioner’s sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Unsalted butter – 5 tbsp
- Heavy cream or milk- 1 cup (I used 2% milk)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Fresh Blueberries – 3/4 cup
- Confectioner’s sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 to 5 tbsp (I used 2% milk)
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl sift all the dry ingredients.
- Add soft butter to it and mix well.
- Whisk the egg with milk or heavy cream and add it to the flour mixture and gently blend everything together to make a dough.
- Fold in the blueberries gently. Be careful not to break them as they spit some colors.
- Spread some flour on a baking sheet and transfer the contents and flatten it to a large square.
- Cut it into four quadrant and then diagonally to make triangle shaped scones.
- Transfer each piece to another baking sheet and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Don’t worry if your dough is not perfect and is sticky. Spread it just like I mentioned and cut it and do not transfer it to another sheet. Just bake it in the same sheet for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make the Vanilla glaze, add confectioner’s sugar to a bowl.
- Mix vanilla extract and milk together and add it to the sugar and make a smooth paste.
- That’s it. Vanilla Glaze is ready.
- Check if the scones are ready by just poking it with a clean toothpick or skewer. It should come out clean.
- Sprinkle some vanilla glaze on top and serve.