Butter Cookies with Strawberry Jam
Butter cookies are delicious and simple to make. It’s one of my all time favorite snack and now I get to make them on my own and enjoy it. You can prepare the dough and shape them however you like. Today I have rolled them and cut it into round shape cookies and topped it with strawberry jam. You can top it with any of your favorite jam or glazing or cream. Perfectly baked cookies have crispy edges and tender on the inside with mild sweetness and buttery on every bite. Here you go…
Preparation time:45 mins
No. of servings: 16 cookies
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Fresh Rosemary – 1 tbsp (optional)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Butter – 6 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Heavy cream – 1 cup
- Strawberry jam – 1/2 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven at 375 degree Fahrenheit.
- Take all the dry ingredients including the rosemary and in a food processor and pulse to get a coarse meal.
- Transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add heavy cream by constantly mixing it with a wooden spoon. The flour will absorb the liquid.
- Transfer it to a flat surface and knead gently to make a soft dough that you can roll it out.
- Roll it into round shape with half an inch thickness.
- Cut it into desired shapes with your cookie cutter and place it in a baking tray lined with parchment paper or greased with butter or cooking spray.
- Make a little dent in the middle of the cookie and fill it with strawberry jam.
- Bake at 375 degree for 20 minutes. Check in between after it pasts 10 mins to make sure the cookies are not burnt.
- Cookies will be puffed and brown on the edges when it is ready.
- Remove from oven, cool it and store it in an airtight container.