Rice Kheer is an Indian dessert which will be very tasty and is generally made for special occasions. For making Rice Kheer, we have to stand and near the cooking range for a long time to reduce the milk. But for this version of Rice Kheer we need not stand and wait. Only thing is the gas consumption will be more but definitely no strain :).
Time of Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking Time : 3 hours
No of Servings : 4 to 5
- Milk (Full fat or 2%) – 5 cups
- Basmathi rice (washed) – small handful (around 3 tbsp)
- Saffron – a pinch
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 can (7 oz)
- Ghee – 1 tsp
Method of Preparation:
- Take a pressure cooker and add a tsp of ghee.
- Slightly toss the Basmathi rice and add the milk.
- Close the pressure cooker (I have used 7.5 liter cooker), put the weight and keep it in sim (in 3) for around 3 hours.
- Nice aroma will start to come.
- Turn of the heat and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and you can see the milk condensed to a thick yellow kheer.
- Add the saffron by crushing it slightly.
- Add the condensed milk, stir and boil for 2 minutes.
- Milk kheer is ready. Serve hot or cold (refrigerate for 1 hour).
- We can add sugar instead of condensed milk.
- Time of cooking may vary depending on the size of pressure cooker and cooking range (mine is electric stove and not gas).
- Gas consumption will be definitely more but the process is very easy.
- May be if u have doubt you can check the pressure cooker once in between.