Paal Peda – Milk Fudge (version 2)
Paal Peda or Doodh Peda is a popular milk sweet in India. It is semi soft and rich in milk protein. Making paneer and resting period may take a little more time. But the procedure is really simple. Kids will love it. It will be perfect for the Diwali. Have a safe and wonderful Diwali…
Preparation time: 60 minutes
No. of servings: 25 to 28 pieces
Method of Preparation:
- Fresh paneer (made from 4 cups of milk)
- Milk – 1 cup
- Evaporated milk – 3/4 cup
- Milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom pods – 2
- Pistachios, cashew nut and raisins for garnishing
- Prepare paneer from 4 cups of milk. Check How to make Paneer?.
- In a non stick pan or a heavy bottomed kadai melt butter over medium heat.
- Add milk, evaporated milk, milk powder and paneer.
- Break paneer and combine all the ingredients well. Keep stirring.
- Mash and stir the mixture well.
- Everything will come together and becomes a thick soft dough.
- Remove from heat and transfer it to a bowl and let it cool.
- Add powdered cardamom and mix well. Grind sugar using a mixer grinder to a fine powder and add little at a time checking for sweet in between.
- If the peda mix is too coarse, you can pulse it in the mixer grinder or food processor until it becomes soft(this step is optional).
- Grease your palm with ghee or clarified butter and divide it into two or three portions.
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- Make small balls and flatten it a bit and make a small dent.
- Place it in the greased plate and cover it with wet cloth or paper towel and refrigerate it.
- It will become firm and perfect. Garnish with pistachios, broken cashew nut and raisins. Store it in an air tight container and refrigerate it.