Doodh Peda is one of the most popular North Indian desserts. I love all kind of milk sweets like rasagolla, Rasamalai, Gulab jamun, Basundhi and doodh peda.
The main ingredients for Doodh peda are khoa, sugar and traditional flavorings, including cardamom seeds, pistachio nuts and saffron. The color varies from a creamy white to a caramel colour. The word pera is also generically used to mean a blob of any doughy substance, such as flour or (in the case of the sweet) khoa. Pedas are sometimes used as prasad in religious services.
Doodh peda is made out of paal kova. Paal kova recipe is coming soon in Spicytasty.
I always thought it takes lot of time to make pedas. But I recently learnt this quick microwave cooking peda from my sister. Believe me this is one of the easiest methods and it takes less than 30 minutes. I hope you like this simple peda recipe. Enjoy making pedas for Diwali festival. Advance Diwali wishes to you all.
Preparation of time: 30 minutes.
No of pedas: 20
- Milk Powder : 2 cups
- Condensed milk : 14 oz ( 1 can)
- Butter : 1 stick (unsalted)
- Nuts : 1/4 cup (almonds, pistachios, dry grapes)
- cardamom :6 ( just grind the black seeds inside the cardamom )
- saffron : a pinch
Method of Preparation :
- Microwave the butter stick in a wide bowl for a minute.
- Now add the milk powder and condensed milk and mix them all gently. Just fold everything.
- Now microwave the whole mixture for 4 minutes and every other minute take it out mix it gently and evenly.
- Finally add the ground cardamom powder and saffron into it.
- After that let it cool until you can handle the mixture in your hand.
- Take a wide plate and grease it.
- Now make a round balls out of the mixture using your hand and flatten them as shown in pic to form pedas and place it in the greased plate so that it can’t stick out in the bottom.
- And just decorate them with your favorite nuts.