Tres Leches Cake
A tres leches cake, or pastel tres leches, is a sponge cake soaked in three different kinds of milk. This cake is popular in Latin America. It is really a delicious dessert and we can add Dulce de leche and it is called Cuatro leches (four milk) cake.
Thanks to my friend Pari who made this cake for us. OMG!! Believe me it is “The Best”..It is really very simple and very easy to make. Try this dessert and you will die for this :).
Time of Preparation : 1 hr 15 minutes + overnight refrigeration
No of Servings : 20
For the cake :
- All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 cups
- Baking powder – 1 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 1/2 cup
- Eggs – 4
- Vanilla Extract – 1 1/2 tsp
- Skimmed Milk or Water – 3/4 Cup
For the Milk:
- Sweetened condensed milk – 2 (14oz) cans
- Evaporated Milk – 2 (12oz) cans
- Heavy whipping cream / Half and half – 2 (1pint) cartons
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Break the eggs into a wide bowl and beat them till they become fluffy.
- Sift the flour and add the baking powder salt and sugar
- Add the vanilla extract and the skimmed milk.
- To the eggs, start adding the flour mixture and beat them well.
- Simultaneously start adding the milk and beat without any lumps.
- Take a 13×9 inch baking dish and grease it with butter.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 minutes in the middle of the oven.
- Remove it from the oven when the toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- For the milk, mix one can of condensed milk, evaporated milk and heavy whipping cream.
- Once baked when it starts cooling, make pores with a fork all over the cake as shown in the pic.
- Pour the milk mixture all over the cake. The milk will get absorbed.
- Cover the cake with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day add the 3 cans of remaining milks (each milk 1 can) and pour 3/4th of them.
- Cut into some 20 pieces and serve with little milk and cool whip on the top.