Egg is a versatile cooking ingredient. Many people who dont eat meat like eggs. Eggs can be cooked in many ways. This time I have made Egg curry which goes well with chappathi or rice.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
No of Servings: 3
Spice level: 4 out of 5
- Eggs : 4
- Onion : 1(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes : 2(chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste : 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 2 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder : 1/2 tsp
- Chicken masala powder : 1/2 tsp(optional)
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Salt : to taste
- Coriander leaves : 3 strings
Method of Preparation
- Boil the eggs for 15 to 20 min. Peel the shells and cut them vertically into two halves.
- Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- Then add the chopped onions till it becomes translucent.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste followed by the chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Fry them till they become soft.
- Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chicken masala powder and garam masala powder accordingly.
- Fry it for 2 minutes and then add water.
- Then add the eggs and let it boil till it forms a thick gravy.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.