Mutton Liver Fry
First of all I want to say sorry to all my readers for the late post. I am still on my India vacation and I couldn’t find time to post recipes but I promise when I come back I’ ll post variety of mouthwatering recipes in ST.
“Mutton Liver fry” or “Eeral varuval” is very popular dish in south india. And its one of my favorite too. My mom used to make this every weekends in my chilhood days. She says it’s good for health. And cooking mutton liver is little tricky. It should be soft and juicy. If you overcooked it it will turn out into rubber-like texture. So its all with the trial cooking and practice. So do get the right proportion adjust the water and cooking time. My mom usually make this for breakfast, it goes very well with idli and dosa.
- Liver – 500 gm(cut into small pieces)
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder : 1 tbsp (according to your spice level)
- Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp(opt)
- Onions – 1/2 cup(chopped)
- Tomato : 1
- Ginger&Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cinnamom stick – 1 sticks
- Cloves(Grambu) – 3 nos
- Curry leaf – 1o
- Salt – As reqd
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat a pan and pour oil in it.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and finely chopped onion fry them till it becomes soft and translucent.
- Now add ginger& garlic paste sautee it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add finally the cut tomato and little salt mix it all together till it becomes soft.
- Now add curry leaves, turmeric , coriander and chilli powder.
- Fry them all together till becomes dry.
- Finally add the washed liver pieces(Make sure you add some (1/4 tsp)turmeric powder while cleaning the liver and if there is some small layer of skin,on top of it remove it).
- Now add enough water to cover the mixture(1/4 glass of water). If you want it to be semi-dry add some more water.
- Occasionally stir-fry. Cook in low flame.
- Add some pepper when you want it little spicy and some more flavor.
- Just let it sit in the flame for 15 minutes the liver fry will be ready. Don’t over cook it it will become hard.
- Finally garnish with cilantro.
- Serve them with naan, rotis, parathas, rice , idli and dosa.