Recently, I’ve become very fond of paneer. I am either making lot of paneer dishes or I am trying to clean up my refrigerator by cooking all the paneer bags sitting in my fridge
Chilli Paneer is one of the popular Indian dish you will find in most of the Indo-chinese restaurants. In my college days whenver we go out for dinner I used to order this. It’s one of my favorite dish.
Surprisingly, it is also one of the easy-and-quick dishes to whip up when you are short of time.
- Paneer cubes : 2 cups
- Oil : 2tbsp
- Garlic : 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies : 4 (finely chopped)
- Lime juice : 1 tbsp
- Coriander Powder : 2 tsp (optional)
- Onion : 1 (Medium and finely chopped)
- Corn flour : 3tbsp
- Maida (all purpose flour) :1 tbsp
- Salt : according to your taste
- Coriander Leaves : 2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Curry leaves : 4-5
- Bell Peppers : 1 1/2 cup (I’ve used red and yellow peppers – cut into cubes)
Combination of Sauce :
- Soy sauce : 1 1/2 tbsp
- Red chili sauce : 2 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar or Regular vinegar : 1 tbsp
- Tomato sauce : 2tbsp
Method Of Preparation:
- Combine the corn flour and maida in 2 tbsp of water to make a loose paste.
- Marinate the paneer with corn flour paste and green chilies.
- Shallow fry the paneer till it becomes brown in color.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped garlic and sautee for a few minutes.
- After that add ginger. Fry it for 4-5 minutes in simmer heat.
- Now add chopped onions and curry leaves, fry them for 3-4 minutes or till the onion becomes translucent.
- And add the coriander powder fry them for few minutes by adding little water.
- After that add the bell peppers and let them sit in the heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Now, add all the sauces and fried paneer. Cook them for 3-4 minutes in high heat.
- Finally add the remaining corn flour paste in to the mixture.
- Let the mixture gets thicken and garnish it with coriander leaves and lime juice.
- Remove from heat and serve it hot with chapathi or naan.
If you like paneer dishes like me, check out this recent Paneer Sandwich recipe Arthi posted.