Restaurant Style Fried Rice
This is a simple recipe for making restaurant style Indo-Chinese Fried Rice. You can serve this dish with Gobi Manchurian or Veggie Manchurian or just ketchup. It is cooked with less ingredients and simple steps but the taste is unbelievable. Ginger, garlic and soy sauce plays the vital role in this recipe. Another important thing is rice. If the rice is hot, it will certainly break when you fry it in the hot wok or pan. So make sure you cool the rice before cooking. It is even better to cook well in advance to making the fried rice. You can add a pinch of MSG (ajinomoto) which is optional. I try to avoid it most of the times.
Enjoy the homemade fried rice!!
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
No. of servings: 6
Spice level: 3 out of 5
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Chopped carrot – 3/4 cup
- Green bell pepper – 1
- Thinly sliced onion – 1/2 cup
- Thinly sliced cabbage – 3/4 cup
- Finely chopped ginger – 1.5 tbsp
- Chopped scallions (spring onions) – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chili sauce – 1 tbsp
- Dark soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Ajinomoto (MSG) – a pinch (optional)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Soak basmatic rice for 10 minutes. Heat a tsp of oil, drain and saute rice for a couple of minutes over low heat until it is coated well with oil. Do not fry it too long, rice grains will break easily.
- Boil rice until 80% cooked and then strain it through colander and let it cool. It will be perfectly cooked for another 10% while resting.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan and add chopped ginger and garlic paste and saute over low heat for a minute and then add onions, carrot, bell pepper.
- Saute for a couple of minutes and add cabbage and saute until the veggies are 3/4th cooked and crunchy.
- Add salt, green chili sauce, ajinomoto (MSG) and half of the pepper powder. Mix well.
- Add cooked rice, mix gently and add soy sauce followed by the remaining pepper powder.
- Mix everything well without breaking the rice grains.
- Serve hot with Gobi Manchurian or Vegetable Manchurian.