Curd rice is my most favourite dish and I cannot finish my meal without curd. During my school and college days my mom used to make curd rice for lunch even without any seasoning. OMG!!!It was the best..Me and my friends used to fight for that curd rice.
In tamil month Purattasi, saturdays are auspicious for Lord Balaji and we generally make variety rices, sundal and vada, sarkarai pongal on one of the saturdays. Last saturday I made everything and we enjoyed the lunch with our friends.
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
No of Servings : 2
- Rice – 1 cup
- Full fat yogurt – 2 cups
- Milk – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp (for garnishing)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dhal – 2 tsp
- Channa dhal – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Green Chillies – 2
Method of Preparation:
- Pressure cook the rice with 3 cups of water.
- When the rice is cooked, mash it with a ladle and add the milk and salt
- Mash it completely and now add the curd.
- Season it with the items for seasoning and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with pickle or Mor milagai.
- We can the season the curd rice with ginger and cashews and garnish with carrots, cucumbers or fruits like pomegranate and grapes.
- We can season the curd rice according to our tatse.
- The curd rice will become little thick after sometime. If needed we can add some more curd at the time of serving.