I have never tried anything with Dill leaves until recently till I had in my sister’s place. Dill leaves give a nice flavor and now I like using Dill leaves in many of my dishes. This rice is very easy to make and will be tasty too.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
No of Servings: 2
Spice level: 3
- Basmathi rice – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dill leaves – a bunch
- Onion – 1(medium size)(finely chopped)
- Lima beans – 1 1/2 cups
- Green chillies – 4
- Red chilli powder – 1/4 tsp(according to spice level)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1/2″(grated)
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Bay leaves – 2
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the basmathi rice for 20 minutes and drain it.
- Heat ghee in a pan add the rice and fry it for 3-4 minutes and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan then add the bay leaves and cumin seeds.
- Grind the green chillies to paste and add the chopped onions and salt.
- Fry them till they become translucent and add the ginger.
- Fry it for 2 minutes and add the dill leaves.
- Then add the red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Then add the lima beans and fry them for 2 minutes.
- Add this mixture to the rice and add 1 1/2 cup of water and keep it in a rice cooker.
- Serve hot with rice or chips.