Cabbage Peas Stir Fry / Cabbage Peas Poriyal
The Cabbage Peas Poriyal is the one which is served in all the special occasions in Southern India. This is the easiest stir fry and adding peas to the cabbage gives extra taste to the dish.
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
No of Servings : 3 to 4
Spice level : 2
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a few
- Split Urad dal – 1 tbsp
- Channa dal – 2 tsp
- Green Chillies – 4 (slitted lengthwise)
- Onions – 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Cabbage – 3 cups (thinly chopped)
- Peas – 1 cup (Ive used frozen peas)
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When it splits add the asafoetida, curry leaves, channa dal, urad dal and green chillies.
- Add the chopped onions and salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Add the cabbage, peas and add around 1/2 cup water and cover it with a lid.
- Cover it for 10 to 15 minutes till they become soft and open the lid and let it cook till all the water gets evaporated.
- Serve hot with rice and Rasam or Kara kuzhambu.