The last vegetable I take from my fridge is cabbage. I am not a huge fan of cabbage. I went to one of my friends place and she had made this cabbage thoran. Thoran is a Keralite dish and it is very tasty. I use almost the same ingredients for my version of cabbage poriyal but I love this thoran. This time definitely cabbage is not the last one from my fridge
Preparation time : 10 minutes
No of Servings : 4
Spice level : 2
- Cabbage – 1/2 (finely chopped)
- Onion – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chillies – 5 to 6 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1/2″ (finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut – 1/3 cup (grated)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Mix cabbage, coconut, green chillies, ginger, turmeric powder, salt and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When it starts spluttering add the cumin seeds.
- Then add the chopped onions and fry till they become translucent.
- Then add the cabbage mix and fry for 7 minutes without adding water.
- Serve hot with rice.