Bell peppers and cauliflower are very nutritious. They are rich in vitamins and fiber. I love bell pepper’s flavor and taste. So I usually use it in many dishes I make.
I had some cauliflower and bell pepper sitting in my fridge for a short while. First, I was gonna make Gobi manchurian but after I saw the bell peppers I decided to make this gobi shimla mirch ki sabzi.
It’s very easy to make and a great side dish for roti’s and naan. Let me know if you try this recipe.
Preparation TIme: 45 minutes
Spice Level : 3 out of 5
No of servings : 3-5
- Oil : 2 tsbp
- Onion : 1 (medium)
- Tomato : 2
- Ginger & Garlic paste : 1 tbsp
- Cumin Powder : 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder : 2 tbsp
- Red chili Powder : 1 1/2 tbsp
- Garam Masala Powder : 2 tsp
- Cauliflower/Gobi : 1 cup
- Capsicum/Bell pepper/ Shimla Mirch: 1/2 cup
- Potato : 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves : 10
- Coconut Milk : 1/4 cup
- Kasuri Methi : 1 tsp
- Coriander leves : for garnishing
Method Of Preparation :
- Boil water in a wide pan and once it comes to a full boil remove from heat.
- Add the cauliflower into it and soak it for couple of minutes and remove it.
- Now drain the cauliflower and mix it with turmeric powder. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan add onion, saute it for 5-6 minutes till it becomes translucent.
- After that add ginger & garlic paste saute it for a couple of minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add tomatoes and little salt mix it all together. Fry them for 3-4 minutes till the tomatoes get mashed up.
- Now add all the masalas (red chili powder, coriander powder, little turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder)
- Mix it all together and let it sit in heat for 2-3 minutes till all the raw masala smell goes off.
- Finally add the marinated cauliflower, potatoes and capsicum.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover it with lid.
- Let all the veggies get cooked equally and the consistency comes to a dry curry.
- Finally add kasuri methi and coconut milk. Let it boil for 5 minutes and once you get the consistency you want, remove from heat.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.