I tried this Cauliflower Fry recently and I liked it so much. I got bored of cooking cauliflower in the regular method. My sister make colocasia fry in this method. So I thought I will substitute it with cauliflower. You can also try it with other vegetables such as potatoes and yam. Here you go…
Preparation time: 30 minutes
No. of servings: 3-4
Spice level: 3 out of 5
- Cauliflower florets – 2 cups
- Besan flour (Chickpea flour) – 2 tbsp
- Corn flour – 2 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 3/4 tbsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Star Aniseed – 1/2
- oil – 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Boil water and add the florets and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Drain water completely and keep it aside.
- Mix all the flour and spices along with salt in a bowl. Add some water and make a smooth paste.
- Mix in the florets and coat it nicely with the spice mix. Add water if necessary.
- Heat oil in a pan and add florets by batches and fry it till it is golden brown.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
- Try to make it just before serving as it becomes soggy once it is cold.
- You can eat it as a snack or as a side for rice.