Yesterday we had a potluck and there were so many leftover chapatis. Today I did not have mood to make any side dish for that. Then I remembered my grandmother’s recipe with leftover chapatis. This Chilli Chapati recipe is similar to Chilli Parotta and it will be tasty too. My husband who does not like chapati liked this :). People who do not eat leftover food will love this Chilli Chapati.
Time of preparation : 20 minutes
No of servings – 1 to 2
Spice level – 4
- Chapati (leftover) – 4 (cut to small squares)
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 4 (slitted)
- Onion – 1 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomatoes – 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp (according to spice level)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
- Then add the green chillies followed by the chopped onions.
- Fry till they become translucent and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add some salt and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Now add the turmeric powder followed by red chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala.
- Fry till the raw smell goes and now add the cut chapatis.
- Fry for another 3 minutes until it is mixed properly.
- Turn off the heat and add the lemon juice.
- Serve hot with raitha or curd.
- We can add thinly chopped capsicum, grated carrot, beetroot and even cabbage. We have add these before adding tomatoes. Kids will love it.
- We can add egg too. After making the chilli chapati, heat oil in a separate pan add 2 green chillies followed by the egg and a pinch of salt. Now add the Chilli Chapati to it and mix well.