I had raw mangoes sitting in my fridge for a long time. I was wondering what to make and one of my friends here make this mango dal often. I like this a lot and it is easy to cook. So I tried this Mango Dal and it came out really good.
Time of Preparation : 25 minutes
Spice Level : 3
No of Servings : 2 to 3
- Raw Mango (cut into small cubes) – 1
- Onion (medium size)(roughlychopped) – 1
- Tomato (chopped) – 1/2
- Garlic (crushed) – 2
- Green Chillies (long)(slit lengthwise) – 2
- Split Pigeon Peas / Toor dal – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Red chillies – 1 or 2
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker and add green chillies, garlic followed by the chopped onions.
- Fry till they turn translucent and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the salt and turmeric powder and fry till the tomatoes become soft.
- Update : Add the mangoes here and sautee them for 2 minutes.
- Then add the toor dhal and add water.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Season it with all the ingredients for seasoning.
- Serve hot with rice or Chapati.