I wanted to make something different for my husband. My mother-in-law gave this Masala Kuzhambu recipe and she said that my husband likes it a lot. I tried this and it is very good to have with rice and potato fry.
Time of Preparation : 30 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 3 to 4
Method of Preparation:
- Onions – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – 1/3 cup (finely chopped)
- Potato (small size) – 1 (boiled and cut into cubes)
- Drumstick – 1 (cut to 5 to 6 pieces)
- Sambar Powder – 1 tbsp (according to spice level)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Tamarind – small marble size
- Oil – 2 tbsp
Masala to Grind:
- Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Split dalia – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Cloves – 2
- Garlic – 3 (pressed)
- Onion – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until they become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and salt and fry until they become soft.
- Add the vegetables followed by turmeric powder and sambar powder.
- Add the tamarind water and cover and boil until the vegetables become soft.
- Grind the ingredients for grinding and add to the boiling mixture.
- Allow it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Season it with all the seasoning ingredients and serve hot with rice.
- We can use any vegetables like brinjal, chayote okra etc..
Check Out ST Giveaway