I have tasted this Methi malai matar in my friend’s place and I loved it. Methi has so much of medicinal value and methi with malai is really delicious to eat. This is a very easy and simple dish.
Time of Preparation : 25 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 3
- Methi leaves – 1 bunch
- Green Peas (boiled) – 1 cup
- Fresh cream – 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) (medium size) – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Dry Mango powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Chop the methi leaves and soak them in salt water for 10 minutes so that the bitterness will be removed.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds followed by the chopped onions.
- Fry them till they become translucent and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Sautee them for 2 minutes and add the methi leaves.
- Fry them for 7 minutes and add the red chilli powder followed by dry mango powder and garam masala.
- Fry for 2 minutes and then add the green peas.
- Now add little water and salt.
- Then add the fresh cream after 5 minutes.
- Let it boil for another 5 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Serve hot with chappathi
- Check for the salt because if we soak methi leaves in water it will have some salt already.