Mushroom Dry Curry
Mushroom dry curry is one of my favourite. It is so yummy that will definitely become a fan of it. My friend doesn’t like mushroom but she loved this dish and want to try it. I adapted the steps from Vah Chef and made a few changes to it. Try it out and let me know if you liked it. Here you go…
- Cut mushroom - 3 cups
- Chopped onion – 1 cup
- Chopped tomatoes – 1 cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2tsp
- Garli cloves – 2
- Pepper corns- 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 strand
- Green chillies – 2
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp (fresh masla – bay leaf, 1/2″ cinnamon stick, 2 cardamom, 3 cloves)
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – a bunch
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Butter - 1tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Clean the mushrooms with paper towel and cut them to pieces.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed vessel and add the fresh masala or ready made garam masala and a tsp of cumin seeds.
- When they splutter add the onions and fry till they become translucent. Now add the ginger garlic paste and toss them for 2 minutes.
- Now add the curry leaves and chopped green chillies followed by chopped tomatoes.
- Add some salt and cook till the tomatoes are mashed.
- Add the mushroom and sprinkle some water. Cover and cook till they become soft.
- Now crush the garlic, pepper and the remaining cumin seeds.
- Heat another pan, add a tbsp of butter and add the crushed items and toss them.
- Add the coriander leaves, cumin powder, coriander powder, chilly powder and toss them for a minute.
- Now add the cooked mushroom gravy to it and combine them nicely.
- Cook till the water evaporates and you get a desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with chappathy/rice.