It has been 3 months I posted any recipe because of my fractured finger. I am very excited to cook after a long time. I have tried mushrooms as a dry sidedish. This mushroom korma is a spicy and delicious gravy. I got this recipe from one of my friends here. I loved it and it goes well with chapati or parotta.
Time of Preparation : 40 minutes
Spice level : 3 out of 5
No of Servings : 4 to 5
- Mushroom ( sliced ) – 2 cups
- Onions ( finely chopped ) – 1 1/4 cup
- Tomatoes ( finely chopped ) – 3/4 cup
- Cinnamon stick – 1″
- Cloves – 2
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Sambar powder-1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 2 tbsp
- Ginger – 1/2″
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Coriander – a few
Method of preparation:
- Heat oil in a vessel and add cinnamon stick followed by cloves and fennel seeds.
- Then add 1 cup of chopped onions and fry them till they become translucent.
- Then add the tomatoes and salt and fry till they get smashed.
- Add the turmeric powder and sambar powder and fry them for 3 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and mix well.
- Keep it in sim and cover it with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Make a paste with coconut, ginger, garlic and the remaining onions.
- Add the paste to the mushroom mixture and add required amount of water.
- Allow it to boil for 15 minutes till the raw smell goes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapati or parotta.