I love to make dishes with mint leaves because it always gives such an mouthwatering flavor to the dishes. And Mint has such awesome qualities like it could be used as a refreshing and a cleansing facial wash.
In South India, we call this recipe as “Pudhina Thoghayal”. It goes great with a lot of dishes like Dosa, Idlies, or even with rice and sambhar, rice and vathakuzhambu, etc.
- Mint Leaves : 1 bunch (separate the leaves from stem)
- Coriander Leaves : 1/2 bunch
- Vegetable Oil : 1 tbsp
- Red Chilies : 6-7 (According to your spice level)
- Grated Coconut : 3 tbsp
- Urad dal : 1tbsp
- Asafoetida : 1/4 tsp
- Ginger : 1tbsp
- Tamarind Juice: 1/2 cup
Method Of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan add Urad dal and asafoetida, fry them till urad dal turns light brown.
- Now add Ginger and Red chilies fry them for few mins.
- And add Mint leaves sauté it for 2-3 mins. When it starts to shrink add the coriander leaves and shredded coconut.
- Let it simmer in the heat for few mins.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Grind the mixture by adding tamarind extract till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add salt to taste.
- Now Mint chutney is ready to serve.