Sai Bhaji/Spinach and Mixed Vegetable Curry
Sai Bhaji is a typical Sindhi food. The greens and veggies in it make it a healthy meal choice. I went to my cousin’s place for the vacation. She made this sai bhaji for me and it was very tasty…
It is also very nutritious and it is easy to make. So I tried it and it has come out really well.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
No of Servings: 6-7
Spice level: 3
- Channa dal : 200g
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Garlic : 5 cloves
- Methi leaves : 1/2 bunch
- Onions : 2(medium size) chopped
- Tomatoes : 2 chopped
- Carrot : 1(small cube size)
- Beans : 10(chopped)
- Potato : 1(large cube size)
- Bottle gourd : 200g(large cube size)(optional)
- Spinach :1/2 bunch
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder : 2 tsp
- Coriander powder : 2 tsp
- Cumin powder : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the channa dal for half an hour.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds.
- Then add garlic and methi leaves followed by onions.
- Fry the onions till they become translucent and then add the tomatoes.
- Then add all the vegetables one by one and add all the masala powders.
- Finally add the spinach and sautee for few minutes.
- Then drain the channa dal and add that to the mixture.
- Pour some water and pressure pressure cook it.
- Check that the water is not excess.
- After pressure cooked open the lid and smash everything so they form a thick gravy.
- Serve hot with chappathis.
We can add any vegetables with carrots and beans. Instead of methi leaves we can add kasuri methi.