Mint Spread for Breads
I have posted Tomato Spread for Breads in my previous post and this is another simple spread made of mint. This spread is almost similar to Mint Chutney and everyone will like it. If you are searching for a quick breakfast this is the one…
Time of Preparation : 15 minutes
Spice level : 2 out of 5
No of Slices : 5
- Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Red Chillies – 2
- Urad dal – 2 tsp
- Coconut – 2 tbsp (grated)
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Bread slices – 5
- Ghee – to toast the bread slices
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the red chillies followed by the urad dal and mint leaves.
- When the mint leaves shrinks, add the coconut and turn off the heat.
- Let it cool and add little salt. Grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat a pan in medium heat and add little ghee.
- Spread the mint spread on one side and put that side facing downwards in the pan.
- Now spread the mint spread on the top and add very little ghee.
- In 2 minutes turn the other side.
- Remove the bread from the pan when it turns golden brown.
- Do the same for all the other bread slices.
- Serve hot.