Potato Bread Toast
I usually make Potato Sandwich for breakfast. I wanted to try something different this time and I tried this Potato Bread Toast. It tasted really good and here is the recipe for this simple and tasty bread toast..
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
Spice level : 3 out of 5
- Bread Slices – 10 to 12
- Butter – to toast
- Green Chutney – 1/3 cup
- Potato Spread
For Potato Spread:
- Potato (medium size) – 2 (boiled and mashed)
- Onion (small size) – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Sambar powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped onions.
- Add some salt and fry till they become translucent.
- Add the green chillies and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled potatoes followed by sambar powder and cumin powder.
- Add more salt if needed. Potato spread is ready
- Now cut the bread slices diagonally to two halves.
- On one side, first spread the green chutney and then spread the potato on top of it.
- Heat a pan in medium heat and add some butter. Keep the bread slices, the spread side on the top and toast till golden brown.
- Now turn the bread slices and leave them for 2 minutes.
- Delicious potato toast is ready.
- Serve hot with ketchup.
- You can use the same procedure and make this as potato sandwich.