Looking for some easy, tasty and new recipe???? This Split Moond Dal and Green Dosa is a healthy and tasty recipe which will taste like Pesarattu. But it is less time consuming and it is something different than a usual Dosa. Thanks to my cousin for this wonderful recipe.
Time of Preparation : 40 minutes
No of Servings : 2
Spice level : 2 out of 5
- Split Moong Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Green Peas ( I have used frozen) – 1/2 cup
- Ginger (chopped) 2 tsp
- Green chillies – 2
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 6 to 8 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Onions (finely chopped) – 1/4 cup
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the the split moong dal at least for half an hour.
- If your using fresh green peas, boil it until soft and keep it aside.
- If you are using frozen green peas just microwave it for 2 minutes and keep it aside.
- Now grind the moong dhal with green chillies and ginger until smooth.
- Now add the green peas and grind them to a smooth consistency.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds and onions.
- Fry till the onions become soft and add to the Moong Dhal and Green peas batter.
- Add required amount of salt and check if the batter is of regular Dosa batter consistency.
- Make round shape of around 6″ diameter and add a tsp of oil.
- When they turn golden brown turn the other side.
- Leave it for 2 minutes until it is done.
- Tasty green peas dosas are ready.
- Serve hot with Coconut chutney or Peanut chutney or even with Idly podi.