Ginger Chai – Hot Ginger Tea
Ginger Chai or Tea is made by brewing tea along with fresh ginger. Nothing is better than a cup of chai in the evening. And I always prefer spiced chai to regular chai. I love the aroma of spices when it is blended with tea. It just freshen up my mind and fasten my day. There are many versions of chai and today I am going to share my version of Ginger Chai. I hope you all like it. Here you go…
Preparation time: 10 mins
No. of Servings: 2
- Tea or chai – 2 tbsp
- Crushed fresh ginger – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- 2% Milk – 3/4 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 tsp (adjust to taste)
Method of Preparation:
I use Red Label Regular Tea. If you are using skim milk or full fat milk then add water accordingly. For skim milk use less water (say 1/2 cup). For full fat milk, add 1/2 cup of milk and the rest water. You can always change according to your taste. I like my tea to be neither thick nor watery.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and add tea and ginger.
- When it boils and extracts the essence, add milk.
- When it comes to boil add sugar and mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Remove from heat and filter it in a serving cup.
- Tea is ready.