Palkova is a delicious and simple milk sweet. Though it is little time consuming, I love to make palkova. By adding nuts to palkova, we can make Doodh pedas. Quick and easy version of Doodh Peda recipe is already there in SpicyTasty. More milk sweets are coming in SpicyTasty. Enjoy the Diwali with milk sweets :).
Time of Preparation: 2 1/2 hrs
No of Servings : 12 pieces
- Milk – 16 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup (adjust according to taste)
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation:
- Heat milk in a heavy bottomed pan or a non stick vessel.
- Heat the milk in a low to medium heat and stir inbetween to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Approximately after 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs, we can see the change of color in the milk to slight yellow and will become thicker.
- When the milk becomes thicker and sticky, add the sugar and stir for sometime.
- Add the ghee and remove from heat when we get the concistency of pudding.
- Let it cool and we can make desired shape.
- Homemade palkova is ready.