Kadai Chicken is a spicy chicken dish with a rich aroma given by the Ginger and Tomatoes. It makes an excellent side dish for Briyani and makes a great alternative toBaraha Mutton.Usually served in a brass dish called ‘Kadai’ in Indian restaurants.
Preparation Time: 50 minutes
No of servings: 4-5
Spice Level: 3.5 out of 5
- Chicken : 1 kg
- Tomato : 1 kg ( chopped)
- Red Chili : 6-8 ( coarse powder)
- Green chili : 2 (sliced )
- Garam Masala :1 tsp
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- Ginger : 3 2/3 tbsp ( 50 gms) ( chopped )
- Garlic : 4 tsp
- Capsicum :1/2 ( cut into small cubes)
- Coriander Leaves : 2tsp
Method of preparation:
- Heat oil in a pan. Add Garlic paste, red chili(fry the whole red chili and grind it into fine powder), tomato and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stirring constantly add ginger and green chillies. Add salt and cook on a medium heat for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and sprinkle garam masala. Cover and cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
- When the chicken is cooked and when oil seperates from the masala, garnish it with coriander leaves capsicum.
- Serve hot.
Credit : kathija jamshed