Chickpeas Sundal / Kondai Kadalai Sundal
Navarathri is a festival that is celebrated for nine days. In this festival we will arrange different idols on steps called Golu. On these nine days we will make different sundal on each day. Generally the procedure for making any sundal is same. Here is the recipe for the chickpeas sundal.
Time of Preparation : 20 minutes
Spice level : 3
No of Servings : 2
- Chickpeas – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 2 tbsp
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Green chillies – 2 (finely chopped)
- Red chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – a few
- Coconut – 1 tbsp (shredded)
Method of Preparation:
- Soak the chickpeas for 6 to 7 hrs or soak them in hot water for 2 to 3 hrs.
- Add water, turmeric powder and salt and pressure cook for 4 to 5 whistles.
- Remove excess water and keep the channa dal aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds followed by, asafoetida, urad dal, red chillies, green chillies and curry leaves.
- Now add the drained chickpeas and fry until all the water gets evaporated.
- Switch off the gas and add the shredded coconut.