ST Authors meet up – Day 3
We three are having great time together and today we made Roti, Ghee rice, Vegetable korma, rasam, Mango Kesari…
I made ghee rice and a new version of korma today. My friends loved it and here is the recipe for Ghee rice..
Preparation time : 1 hr
Spice level : 2
No of Servings : 3
- Basmathi rice – 1 1/2 cup
- Coconut milk – 1 1/2 cup
- Water – 1 Cup
- Onion (medium size) – 1 (thinly chopped lengthwise)
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Bay leaves – 1
- Cinnamon stick – 1”
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1″
- Garlic cloves – 4
- Green chillies – 4
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
Method Of Preparation :
- Soak the rice in water for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in the presurre cooker and add bay leaves, cinnamon stick, cloves and cumin seeds.
- Then add the chopped onion.
- Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chilles and add the paste after the onions become translucent.
- Fry for another two minutes and the mint leaves.
- Add the green peas followed by the coconut mllk, water and salt.
- After draining the water, fry the rice with ghee for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to pressure cooker and mix well with the mixture.
- Pressure coo in the medium flame for one whistle and remove it off from the heat.
- Serve hot with vegetable korma.